- Publisher: Saddle Horse Press, LLC
- Available in: Digital, Paperback
- ISBN: 978-0997191998
- Published: 2017-02-25
“The suspense kept me reading far into the night.”
England, the Welsh Border Lands, 1283
To protect what little family she has left, Lady Catrin Fitzalan switches places with her cousin when King Edward orders the pious girl to wed his royal champion, a vicious knight called the King’s Raven. Rumors abound that this savage is responsible for the deaths of Lady Catrin’s father and brother. How can she allow her sweet cousin to wed a murderer?
Bran ap Madog, bastard son of a Welsh prince, has devoted his life to serving the English king. His badge is the raven, a creature that feeds off rotting spoils, just as Bran feeds off the spoils of war. Now he wants a reward for his service: a wealthy wife, and the land and power she can bring him.
But there’s another side to the rapacious black birds Bran has chosen for his badge. Social and family-oriented, ravens mate for life. Which gives them something Bran never had—a family, a sense of belonging, and a rightful place in the world. Bran has fought for everything he’s ever had. But his last battle, with his new wife, may cost him the one thing he isn’t prepared to lose: his heart.
- “The clean writing was a pure pleasure!” Micki Nuding, editor/contest judge
- “Clearly a romance in the tradition of Lisa Jackson.” Tina Brown, editor/contest judge
- My Lord Raven was voted one of the top 10 books of 2009 by blogger Kimber Chin.
- Rich in detail, vivid in imagery, MY LORD RAVEN is a fine introduction to the period and an excellent historical backdrop to the romance building between Bran ap Madog – Lord Raven – and Lady Catrin, who has disguised herself as her shy, reticent cousin. Ms. Scarbrough demonstrates a talent for building both female and male characters, and peeling away their layers to reveal the real personas beneath the social/political masks. MY LORD RAVEN appeals to fans of historical fiction and romance, but will be enjoyable for any reader.” – Dark Angel Reviews
- A good historical romance is a wonderful thing and in Jan Scarbrough’s case, a well written and beautifully characterized historical romance is one that I will read over and over again. MY LORD RAVEN is such a romance. It captured my attention, held me spellbound, and I was on the edge of my seat for the duration. In my opinion, nothing is better than that! – Romance Junkies
- Ms. Scarbrough has skillfully drawn her characters with a knowing, loving hand – combining well-written, historically correct narration with breathtaking passion. Her narrative is smooth and her knowledge of the subject time period is outstanding. Her ability to draw readers into the mood and hold them captive for the duration made this one a cannot-put-down read for me. A completely delightful read! Well done, Jan! ~Measures 8.9 on the Richter Scale.~ ~110 degrees F~ Fran Lee
- “Think: Passions meets Middle Earth. Tell me you don’t want to buy that book like yesterday.” Erin Keane
Learn More about Ravens
Did you know the Tower of London keeps ravens?
“Unusually for birds of ill omen, the future of both Country and Kingdom relies upon their continued residence, for according to legend, at least six ravens must remain lest both Tower and Monarchy fall.”